Tech-Clarity Webinar & Spotlight Article:
Product Line Engineering – Increasing Competitive Advantage by Reducing Complexity Across the Lifecycle
As the sophistication of manufactured, software-intensive products continually advances, the associated engineering and operational complexity and risk grow right alongside the business opportunities. This mounting complexity spans the full lifecycle – from portfolio planning to engineering, manufacturing, sales, and service.
In this webinar, Michelle Boucher, Tech-Clarity's VP of Research for Engineering Software, joins BigLever CEO Dr. Charles Krueger to explore the need for a unified approach across three key disciplines: product line engineering (PLE) for managing product variation, application lifecycle management (ALM) for managing software-intensive systems, and product lifecycle management (PLM) for managing mechanically intensive systems and operations. This webinar provides insight into:
- How forward-thinking organizations are achieving competitive advantage through innovative PLE approaches that fundamentally change the way product lines are engineered.
- Insights regarding how embedded software, combined with the ability to tailor products through PLE approaches, enables organizations to differentiate products, streamline development efforts and boost profitability.
- How to leverage the combined strengths of PLE, ALM, and PLM to achieve whole factor improvements in efficiency, cost reduction, time-to-market, product line scalability and quality.
- Strategies for reducing variant management complexity by establishing a "single source of feature truth" for all software, electronic, mechanical and operations artifacts across the engineering V.
- How a unified feature-based PLE approach facilitates better interoperability across software, electrical and mechanical teams, and improves cross-functional alignment between engineering and business operations.
The Tech-Clarity Spotlight Article, authored by analyst Michelle Boucher, is a companion piece to the webinar. It provides an overview of the key issues and trends, strategic insights, research data, and recommendations addressed in the webinar.
Please complete the following form and a link to the webinar and spotlight article will be e-mailed to you.
Privacy notice: BigLever respects your privacy. We provide periodic informational e-mails about product line engineering topics. Your e-mail will never be used for marketing purposes or sold to third parties. You may unsubscribe from our email distribution at any time.