As the Product Line Engineering field grows, so does BigLever.
We create and maintain an engaging and vibrant working environment by building a team of unique individuals who bring a special kind of expertise — and an unwavering commitment to doing the things that matter with precision, focus and care.
BigLever seeks individuals who have the following qualities:
- Proven stars with the ability, creativity, passion, and initiative to be consistently successful
- Dynamic, well-rounded individuals who know how to optimize their professional performance by optimizing their individual work/life balance
- Gracious and humble professionals who believe that the best way to succeed is to help others succeed
We are always looking for experienced, industry professionals with proven expertise, instincts, and drive to help achieve our mission to revolutionize the systems and software engineering field with leading-edge PLE innovation.
Senior Director of Remote Sales
BigLever seeks a smart, motivated, talented, personable, self-directed, and highly skilled Senior Director of Remote Sales with broad and deep experience in high tech business-to-business (B2B) direct sales, to help achieve the company’s short-term and long-term goals by growing revenue in the expanding market of Systems and Software Product Line Engineering software tools and consulting services.
As the primary Sales role in a small company, you will assume a high impact, high profile, high autonomy role, wear many of the Sales operations hats, and report directly to the CEO. You will work closely with BigLever’s leading industry experts to collaborate and sell directly to the engineering and IT leadership responsible for complex systems and product engineering at companies in aerospace & defense, automotive, manufacturing, computer systems, medical systems, and more.
BigLever is a uniquely inspired small company of smart and gracious technical innovators and pioneers at the leading edge of an emerging engineering discipline of Systems and Software Product Line Engineering (PLE). You will join a team that is recognized worldwide for revolutionizing the PLE industry with game changing technology and services, offering remarkable engineering improvements, strategic business benefits, and unprecedented return-on-investment (ROI) for some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated product engineering companies such as Lockheed Martin, General Motors, Stellantis, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman and many more.
- Expand the sales pipeline and grow revenue through enthusiastic, efficient, and effective Remote Sales execution.
- Continue to expand how we predictably and repeatedly sell our world-leading disruptive solution in the emerging global PLE market.
- Increase close ratios on qualified opportunities and grow deal sizes.
- Codify a repeatable, measurable, and scalable Remote Sales workflow and process.
- Actively engage with and support other areas in the BigLever organization, including Customer Success (consulting services), Marketing (communications), Finance (revenue projections, accounts receivable), Engineering (proposals), and Corporate Strategy (operations).
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work directly by e-mail, phone, and web conference with customers and prospective customers to advance leads and sustain momentum, end-to-end through the remote sales pipeline, from new opportunities to closed deals:
- Qualify opportunities entering the pipeline and work to arrange overview, demonstration, and survey discussions with BigLever solution architects.
- Promote and sell our Getting Started Package, a two part mini-pilot and business case development workshop series conducted by Customer Success.
- Define and negotiate a proposals and quotes for onePLE, our pilot and fully scaled deployment packages of technology licenses and consulting services.
- Continue to expand the BigLever solution footprint in deployed customers.
- Work directly with customers for timely renewal of their annual license maintenance.
- Process purchase orders received:
- Coordinate with Order Fulfillment to assure purchases are delivered.
- Coordinate with Accounts Receivable to generate and submit invoices.
- Manage our HubSpot CRM system:
- Collaborate with Marketing to create, monitor, and optimize effective Sales funnel structures, metrics, and projections.
- Maintain ongoing customer and opportunity information.
- Provide weekly and monthly Sales status, plans, and metrics to executive leadership.
- Participate in strategic and tactical BigLever meetings. Work with the leadership team to assure that Remote Sales is well aligned with BigLever’s mission.
- Collaborate with Marketing and technical thought leaders to orchestrate and provide a compelling booth presence at 4-5 conferences and symposia per year.
- Education: Bachelors Degree (preferably in a technical field).
- Place of work and residence: Primarily Remote Sales from your home office. US residence required. Austin area residence, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, or other drivable distances to Austin, preferred in order to support:
- Upfront on-boarding time in Austin for the first month.
- Monthly and/or quarterly face-to-face meetings with the leadership team at BigLever headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Continuing education: Evidence of Sales classes, workshops, or equivalent.
- Sales experience:
- Selling sophisticated technical software, such as software, electrical, or mechanical engineering software for complex systems engineering.
- Evangelical or missionary sales of emerging, non-commodity, or disruptive technology.
- Closing 6-digit and 7-digit technically-oriented deals to engineering and IT customers in Fortune 500 companies.
- Special skills: Expertise using a CRM system such as HubSpot to manage day-to-day Sales execution.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in science, technology, or engineering.
- Special skills: Experience using Apple computers, operating system, and applications.
BigLever Work Environment
BigLever offers a creative and flexible environment with an open, positive, and energized culture. We make a point to be available to each other to cooperatively examine problems and find solutions. We find that the best way to succeed is to help others succeed, both inside of BigLever and outside at our customers.
At BigLever, we value and reward independence, initiative, and responsibility. We are a distributed team – you will work from home, co-working spaces, or wherever you perform best.
BigLever is a small company delivering high value to large companies. This means we must operate very efficiently with low overhead and very effectively with minimal errors and rework. This introduces some extra requirements and demands on all of us:
- Small company experience. Working in a small company means you have to take on additional responsibilities without extensive overhead support. You should have a positive past experience working in a small company environment. You must have a positive willingness to help carry the load on some of the administrative tasks.
- Virtual office experience: Distributed teams and a virtual office is very effective for some people and not others. You must have a positive past experience working independently, with electronic chat, e-mail, audio, and web meetings being the primary forms of team interaction.
- High quality execution. To maintain our reputation with large customers, you and all of us must have the ability to consistently deliver on-time and error-free e-mails, proposals, software releases, product documentation, and other work products, projects, and processes.
Resumes and Inquiries
Please submit your resume to email@example.com to apply. Let us know if you have any questions regarding this position or other career opportunities at BigLever.