Press & Analyst Coverage
BigLever & PLE in the news.
July 13, 2019
Reducing the risk of automotive defects is one of the most critical issues facing manufacturers today – to protect the well-being of consumers, as well as their own reputations and financial health. Leading automotive companies are intensifying their efforts toward achieving a “zero defects” goal, an extraordinarily ambitious objective given the rapidly growing diversity and engineering complexity of today’s product lines.
Industry Today: Feature-based product line engineering puts the power in the hands of product portfolio management.
June 10, 2019
Companies today must “innovate or die” by providing the array of advanced features that consumers and businesses are demanding – from automobiles with cutting-edge autonomous driving capabilities to ships and aircraft with increasingly sophisticated mechanical systems. This, in turn, is resulting in greater product line diversity and exponentially growing complexity, creating a huge challenge for manufacturers across all industry sectors.
June 6, 2019
Product line engineering (PLE) solution provider BigLever is launching a PLE body of knowledge for feature-based PLE. According to the company, feature-based PLE has proven to provide improvements in time to market, efficiency, product line scalability, and product quality.
April 23, 2018
Across industries, one of the big challenges in manufacturing is the rapidly increasing complexity involved in engineering today’s product lines. One example is the autonomous car…
September 18, 2018
Aerospace and defense companies are faced with daunting security challenges as products become increasingly sophisticated. As product complexity grows—integrating thousands of software, electrical and mechanical parts—the security risks and organizational hurdles grow in tandem.
Jama Software blog: Feature-Based Product Line Engineering – Translating Engineering Gains into Strategic Business Value
Product Line Engineering is the engineering of a product line portfolio using a shared set of engineering assets, a managed set of features and an automated means of production. By “engineer,” we mean all of the activities involved in planning, producing, delivering, sustaining and retiring products.
Advanced Manufacturing: Taming Complexity, Variation in Automotive Engineering with PLE, Digital Twin
June 19, 2018
Automotive engineering has never had so much complexity to address. Producing millions of vehicles per year is a daunting feat. This complexity grows exponentially with the introduction of next-generation intelligent features and functions for enabling autonomous driving. Manufacturers are facing myriad challenges in taming this complexity, managing variation and bringing these innovations to market rapidly and efficiently, while providing the highest levels of safety and reliability.
- Design News: Using PLE to Create Digital Twins — April 26, 2018
- Strategic Finance: Digital Twins Invade Industry — March 1, 2018
- Today’s Motor Vehicles: 2018 Outlook — February 8, 2018
- Automotive Design & Production: What Are Digital Twins and Digital Threads? — January 23, 2018
- ENGINEERING.com: PLE and the Birth of the Digital Twin — September 7, 2017
- Aerospace Manufacturing and Design: What is product line engineering (PLE)? — August 9, 2017
- Embedded Computing Design: The birth of 30 million digital twins — Transforming the engineering
lifecycle and manufacturing feedback loops — August 8, 2017
- Embedded Computing Design: Product Line Engineering — Intelligent manufacturing for intelligent
products — February 10, 2017
- Manufacturing Engineering: Q&A with Dr. Charles Krueger — PLE Helps Engineering Teams Reduce Product Development Complexity — February 8, 2017
- Digital Engineering: A Product Variation Flight Checklist — October 3, 2016
- Digital Engineering: BigLever Stakes PLE Claim In The Enterprise — September 20, 2016
- Design News: Product Line Engineering Gets a Visual Makeover — May 11, 2016
- Tech Clarity Spotlight Article: Successful PLE for the Entire Product Line — Removing Time and Cost for Systems Development — April, 2016
- ENGINEERING.com: BigLever’s Push for More Comprehensive Product Line Architecture Strategies — April 21, 2016
- Manufacturing Engineering: Using PLE to Control Product Variations — March 1, 2016
- Embedded Computing Design: The theory behind product line engineering — Nov 12, 2015
- Desktop Engineering: Product Line Engineering 101 — Nov 2, 2015
- Automotive Design & Production: Managing Product Lines by Focusing on Features — July 29, 2015
- Gartner Report: Cool Vendors in Product Design and Life Cycle Management, 2015 — April 8, 2015
- Industrial Embedded Systems: A new paradigm for product line diversity, variant management, and complexity management in manufacturing — March 31, 2015
- Digital Engineering: PLM Joins With PLE To Address Product Line Complexity — Feb 16, 2015
- Ovum Analyst Report: Software is prompting integration of product line engineering and product lifecycle management — Jan, 2015
- Automation World: BigLever and Aras Bridge the Engineering Gap — Jan 27, 2015
- Joe Barkai Blog: BigLever and Aras Deliver Product Line Engineering Integration — Jan 27, 2015
- Industrial Embedded Systems: BigLever Software Introduces the Industry’s First Integrated Product Line Engineering and Product Lifecycle Management Solution — Jan 26, 2015
- Military Embedded Systems: U.S. Army’s Live Training Transformation Product Line Inducted into the Hall of Fame at the 18th International Software Product Line Conference — Jan 12, 2015
- Joe Barkai Blog: Design Reuse – Reusing vs. Cloning and Owning — Oct 13, 2014
- John Day’s Automotive Electronics: Advanced Product Line Engineering Puts the Auto Industry in Overdrive — Aug 28, 2014
- Industrial Embedded Systems: Human out-of-the-loop manufacturing — June 6, 2014
- CrossTalk: Second Generation Product Line Engineering Takes Hold in the DoD — Jan/Feb, 2014
- Analyst Chad Jackson Lifecycle Insights Blog: BigLever Software – Third Leg to the Platform Design Stool? — Dec 3, 2013
- Desktop Engineering: BigLever Software Announces Gears 7.2 — Aug 30, 2013
- SD Times: BigLever gets product line ‘family trees’ in Gears 7.2 — July 12, 2013
- SD Times: BigLever Software delivers new bridge integration solution for Sparx Systems — Feb 20, 2013
- Army Acquisition, Logistics & Technology (AL&T): Second-Generation Paradigm — April 2012
- EETimes: BigLever Gears up Ver. 7.0 for software engineering — June 7, 2012
- SD Times: Bridges built to Hadoop, product-line engineering — May 24, 2012
- Austin Business Journal: BigLever Software Makes Gains — Dec 16, 2011
- SD Times: Reuse is an event, but sharing is a journey — July 18, 2011